The first book in the Best of To Love, Honor and Vacuum Series!
Whining. Yelling. Crying.
No parent wants their days dominated by kids’ lousy moods or rotten behaviors–or their own lousy moods! And yet too often family life doesn’t become a safe haven where you can relax and enjoy each other. It becomes a source of stress where we dread bedtimes, dread morning routines, and dread an unending Saturday, worried that it will be filled with sibling squabbles and tantrums.
Raising Kids You Actually Like will teach you how to have the relationship that you most want with your children by showing you how to discipline, what to discipline for, and perhaps most importantly, what not to discipline for!
Based on the best parenting blog posts from To Love, Honor and Vacuum–with lots of commentary and printables thrown in–the book presents a comprehensive plan on how to raise kids to be responsible and fun!
- What to discipline a child for–and what NOT to discipline for!
- How to discipline a toddler–and why discipline is usually not the main issue at this age
- How to interact with your kids without getting bored–even in the grocery store!
- How to prevent temper tantrums and meltdowns in your kids (and in you!)
- How to use the right tone of voice–to stop yelling, but also so your kids know you mean business
- How to start a chore system that works
- What to do if your child is a picky eater, a sore loser, or super sensitive
- How to start allowances
- Why the biggest tip in raising kids you like is to make sure that YOU’RE acting in a way that YOU like, too!
It will show how interacting with your toddler, preschooler, or elementary aged child is the key to a happy, peaceful home. And it will show you that you whether it’s getting picky eaters to eat without whining or getting through the grocery store without screaming, you can totally do it!
With practical ideas for building relationships, Sheila takes you beyond the typical advice about how to discipline towards a vision of how to build a strong–and fun–family.
Most books on raising great kids at this age focus on discipline. That’s certainly included here. But what Sheila’s realized is that what’s missing is the other side of the equation–how to encourage your kids and how to just have fun!
Based on the viral parenting posts from the blog To Love, Honor and Vacuum, Raising Kids You Actually Like takes the best of the best and puts it in book form, helping you have that family life you’ve always dreamed of.
This is the first of a new series of ebooks that takes all the posts on a certain topic from the blog, puts them together in a logical order, and then adds lots of commentary and extras, like printables, so that it forms a coherent whole. Instead of searching for what you want online, you can have it all at your fingertips!
Taken together, the posts in this book have been read more than 4,000,000 times. Sheila’s saying something important. Don’t miss it!