We hear a lot these days about how the world is horrible and all is lost and the political system is broken.
And you know what? That’s largely true.
But it’s true because our citizenship is not of this world. Our citizenship is in heaven, and this is not our home! And at many other times in human history life has looked really bleak. Think England in 1940. Or The Netherlands in 1941. Or Europe during the Black Plague.
Or think Ireland before St. Patrick!
Today is St. Patrick’s Day, and maybe, in the midst of all our gloom and doom about the present circumstances, we should be reminded of his story:
(share that image on Facebook here! Or pin it by clicking the button above).
There were other times in human history when it looked like all was lost–and in every case, the answer was Jesus. God did amazing work, and people had hope again.
So today it’s St. Patrick’s Day, and I think that’s reason to celebrate!
And this is a BIG St. Patrick’s Day, because it follows PI Day–3.1416. Seriously, that’s a once-every-hundred-years event. This is a big deal! And a big week. Woo hoo!
I’m going to do 2 flash giveaways on my Facebook Page today–bundles of ebooks that you can win that can help your world be a little less bleak, and a little more hope in Christ.
Keep a watch on the Facebook Page for those flash giveaways–when I announce them, you’ll have about 2 hours to comment and then it’s gone!
And hope in Christ is an amazing thing, because it permeates all of life. God wants to redeem EVERYTHING.
Not just your prayer life. Not just your church. But your family relationships, your home, and even your bedroom!
So we’re going to do a little giveaway here on the blog as well! I’m heading back down to the U.S. next Thursday because we need to drive our RV (which is currently in Houston) back home for the summer. And that means I can ship things to Americans cheaply! So I’ve got a lot of freebies that different companies send me, and I’d like to put them together in a celebration box to give away.
Also, my Patrons (the people who support me on a monthly basis so that I can raise money to expand the marriage ministry into Africa and eastern Europe) are getting some extra goodies today to celebrate, too–some audio downloads! If you become a supporter, you’ll get special goodies throughout the month, too. Find out more here.
I’ve got two packages ready to go.
Both Packages have:
- 9 Thoughts That Can Change Your Marriage – my new book that looks at 9 common lies that we often believe about marriage (and often think that God even wants for marriage), and then 9 new thoughts that will change everything!
- ArginMax sexual support vitamins–with all the minerals and vitamins you need for great sexual performance and libido enhancement! So fun. And the vitamins are just plain good for you, too. 🙂
- Loveology: God, Love, Marriage, Sex by John Mark Cormer
- SASMAR ConceivePlus Fertility Lubricant (I have a few ConceivePlus products I’ll throw into this basket!
- The Gift of Friendship: Stories that Celebrate the Beauty of Shared Memories by Dawn Camp
- Reading Your Male: An Invitation to Understand and Influence Your Man’s Sexuality by Mary Farrar
- Some fun SASMAR Condom-friendly lubricants!
And I may throw in some other goodies, too!
Just enter via the Rafflecopter below. I’ll pick two winners next week, on Friday. And go have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!