On Tuesdays in 2014 I’m starting a new feature: Top 10 Tuesdays, where I’ll be publishing a list of something. I want it to be more of a “fun” day, so we’ll have Top 10 kisses, top 10 ways to make sex feel great, or even more innocuous things, like top 10 marriage novels.
I thought, then, that today would be a great day to launch it, with the Top 10 Posts of 2013. These are the ones that were read and shared the most, and if you missed any, check them out!
Here’s how you can really help me: If you find any that you particularly like, could you “pin” them or share them on Facebook? That’s how I get most of my new readers, and I’d love to reach more people with my marriage affirming message! Thank you!
Top 10 Posts of 2013 from this Marriage Blog
1. 7 Thoughts That Will Change Your Marriage (psst: I’m signing a contract as we speak to turn this one into a book!)
2. Top 50 Most Romantic Movies You all helped me to choose these!
4. 25 Quick Ways to Show Your Husband Love These really do work. Choose a few today!
6. My Husband Doesn’t Find Me Attractive–A Round Up I get a lot of traffic from Google for this one, from women who are quite sad. It is a difficult situation.
8. Why is it So Hard to Say Yes to Sex? If you find sex a hassle, here’s some encouragement for you.
9. Is Masturbation in Marriage Wrong? This post is popular almost entirely because of search engine traffic. What a difficult situation so many spouses are in, if their wife/husband prefers masturbation to sex. Here are some thoughts.
10. How Technology Threatens Marriages I liked this column. I think you will, too!
Top 10 Posts Overall for 2013
Only one of these posts was actually written in 2013, but these are the top posts for this blog for this year. Most of them have gone viral on Pinterest, so that’s why they’re so popular! If you don’t follow me on Pinterest yet, please do! I share a lot of great marriage stuff there.
1. 50 Most Important Bible Verses to Memorize Now that the New Year is here, why not start working through these?
3. Stocking Stuffers for Your Husband (Pin this one for next year!)
4. 7 Thoughts That Will Change Your Marriage (from 2013!)
5. How to Stop Temper Tantrums Before They Start This one went totally viral on Pinterest recently. It really does sum up my parenting philosophy. Instead of focusing so much on discipline, let’s just engage our kids.
6. 7 Steps to Raising a Teen Who Won’t Date Too Young And I’ve written a more recent follow-up to that post, now that my girls have gone through a lot of the teen years, here.
8. 29 Days to Great Sex Day 1: The Act of Marriage (now’s a great time to start the 29 day challenge! Or pick up my ebook for the more in-depth and expanded 31 Day option, written for couples, not just addressed to the wife)
9. Why Doesn’t My Husband Want to Make Love? Another post that people read mostly from arriving from search engines. If your husband has a low libido, and seems to always reject sex, you can feel so alone. Here’s the first in a four-part series I wrote about it.
10. 25 Marriage Tips It’s a fun one!
I hope you enjoy these! Thanks so much for being part of my blogging community in 2013, and I hope to bring you lots more great content in 2014!
Happy New Year!