2011 was an amazing year for me blogging! My traffic passed 500,000 page views, which makes me feel all grown up! I’ve met some amazing marriage bloggers, and cemented relationships with other great Christian bloggers.
And so I thought I’d share with you my top posts for 2011! First, let’s look at the top 10 by traffic numbers:
1. Can Christians Use Sex Toys? This was linked by a ton of sites–many with rather nefarious motives. But it got me a ton of new readers, so thank you for the traffic, even if it wasn’t kindly intended.
2. Wifey Wednesday: It’s Not All About You. This post brought in 18,000 views from Reddit in just a few hours. Is having sex with your husband when you don’t feel like it the same thing as rape? I answer that question!
3. Christian Birth Control Round Up. How to choose birth control that works and goes with your values.
4. Does Your Husband Want more Variety in Bed? I tackle a rather sensitive subject.
5. The 50 Most Important Bible Verses to Memorize. A widely trafficked post. Not about marriage specifically, but if every family worked through this post this year, we’d end up a lot stronger!
6. 4 Things You Need in a Husband. I wrote this post thinking of my daughters, but it had amazing traffic. I’m glad, because I want more girls to think about this wisely.
7. Why Sex Matters to Your Husband. A guest post that made it onto the list!
8. Making Love when You’re Too Loose or Too Tight. Inspired by an email from a reader, I do a roundup on solutions to some common sexual problems.
9. Why He Won’t Meet Your Needs. A popular post from earlier this year that sums up my philosophy on marriage: sometimes we focus so much on our own needs that we forget that his are important, too.
10. Before You Let Your Teenager Baby-Sit, Read This! An important post, again inspired by an email from a reader.
Now, what about the top most commented posts? Some overlap with the ones already mentioned, but these are some other posts that had tons of comments:
1. Modesty Does Not Mean Dowdy. Comments got pretty heated on this one!
2. What I Wish I Could Have Said to the Parents on the Plane. In retrospect, perhaps I was too harsh in this post. But I hope the intent was clear!
3. Am I Too Hard on Women? A response to some commenters who said that I should be telling men to smarten up.
4. What is Appropriate Sexual Release? Again, lots of incoming links from rather ugly sites, but it boosted my subscriber base!
Then we have some posts that were more personal to me. And so I’d like to give these two posts honourable mentions, since they speak to where I am in my life:
1. Wifey Wednesday: Bragging Rights. My post on my twentieth anniversary.
2. Interviewing My Daughter’s Date. The girls are getting to that age, and here’s a rather humorous column I wrote on the subject. Apparently some of my kids’ youth group friends’ parents have cut it out and have it on their fridge. My kids aren’t sure if that’s good or bad.
So that’s it for 2011! What’s up for 2012? I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow!