Readers: Because this blog costs quite a bit to operate, I do take advertising and sponsored posts, including links in posts, to offset the costs. This is a full-time job for me now, and I have found that I can’t continue to do it without some advertising. I hope you understand!
Advertisers: Sheila has a blog with a large readership, a large Twitter and Facebook following, and targeted newsletters that go out to five different niches every month. She provides very targeted and effective traffic for your advertising campaign!
All of the opportunities listed below can be combined with targeted Tweets or Facebook posts. Campaigns can also be arranged, incorporating a variety of these opportunities, and targeted for maximum effect.
1. Blog Sidebar Advertising
- At this time Sheila’s sidebar is filled up. If you would really prefer to advertise on the sidebar, contact Sheila and perhaps you can come up with something. But right now the sidebar is quite full, and several other opportunities (like banners on specific posts) would likely give better SEO and better CTR anyway.
2. Sponsored Posts
- Two available per month
- Must relate in some way to marriage, parenting, or the Christian life
3. Text Links
- If you would like to link keywords from my site to your site, I’d be happy to find a relevant post for you that is highly trafficked.
- Will edit the post to include your keywords as requested.
- Post must be older than 15 days.
- If you have a product or book that relates to marriage, parenting, or Christian living, I would be happy to review it and arrange a giveaway.
- One available per month
5. Newsletter Advertising
I send out 5 different newsletters a month:
- Reality Check column (weekly, goes out to 4400 Christian women)
- Marriage newsletter (monthly, readership 13,800 Christian wives)
- Parenting newsletter (monthly, readership 7800 Christian women)
- Homeschooling newsletter (monthly, readership 1800 homeschooling moms)
- Women’s Ministry newsletter (quarterly, to 2000 women’s ministry leaders)
- $2/1000 subscribers (two slots available in each newsletter, 200×200 ad, or 600×150 banner ad. Can include some text, too)
8. Ads on Very Targeted Posts
I currently have several posts that get thousands of hits every month, mostly from a combination of search traffic and Pinterest. You can purchase a banner ad to run across the bottom of the post (approximately 600 pixels wide and 150 high). Price is $2.50/1000 unique visitors, calculated as an average of the previous two months’ visits). Ad space is currently available on these topics (and if you see a post you think your product would work best with, and that post isn’t listed below, feel free to ask!):
- 7 Steps to Raising a Teen Who Won’t Date Too Young, 5,300 unique page views
- Teaching Your Children to Pray: The 5 Fingered Method, 2,000 unique page views
- How to Stop Temper Tantrums Before They Start, 3000 unique page views
- 25 Marriage Tips, 6,000 unique page views
- Best Marriage Quotes of 2011, 4,000 unique page views
- Why Doesn’t My Husband want to Make Love?, 6,500 unique page views
- Why a Man Has a Low Libido, 8,200 unique page views (similar to above post, but have different search terms in Google)
- 50 Shades of Grey is Bad for Your Marriage, 3,000 unique page views
- When You Discover Your Husband is Having an Affair, 2,500 unique page views
This can be a really inexpensive way of trying a targeted campaign. Each of these posts has people deliberately arriving, often primarily through Google and Pinterest, looking for answers to these questions. An ad in front of 3,000 very targeted people is only $7.50/month. So try it!
Contact Sheila to discuss these further, or to plan a targeted campaign combining multiple elements that works best for you!
Stats as of January 31, 2013