It’s our grand finale for the 29 Days to Great Sex, and I’m going to throw a little party today! (If you’re just joining us now, you can go back to Day One right here). I hope it’s been a great series for all of you, and that you’ve had time to reconnect and communicate as a couple. I’ve had a great time writing it (and my husband really appreciated the post on how to spice things up ). And it’s been wonderful to meet so many new readers, especially all of you who found me through Pinterest.
My prayer for this series was that I could help both men and women get a new and exciting view of sex–one that sees it not just as physical release, but as a beautiful, exciting part of a marriage that connects you spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Why would people choose to live without passion?
Many of you in the comments have said that your sex life had been virtually non-existent, but you’re starting to rebuild. That’s so exciting! Others of you have had your first orgasms. And still others have even conceived babies! So it’s been a great month.
But some of you are still struggling. You wanted to do the challenges, but your spouse just didn’t stick with it. I’m sorry about that. Unfortunately, there is no magic thing that you can do to make your spouse want to be intimate in this way. All you can do is what you were called to do: love your spouse. Even when it’s difficult. And know that God never asks us to do something that He doesn’t also give us the strength to do.
Some of you still have a lot of work to do, and you’re wondering where to go now. Well, I had over 1,000 posts on this blog before I started the series, and if you just joined me during the series, rest assured that I likely have 1000 more. I’m not going anywhere! So here’s what’s coming on To Love, Honor and Vacuum in the very near future:
1. Tomorrow is our contest launch–where you could win money towards a first–or second–honeymoon! Come back for the details.
2. Next week I’ll be hosting a live Facebook Q&A where you can ask me any question you want, and I’ll try to answer it. I’ll have a place where you can submit questions anonymously.
3. We have our mini-series coming on what to do when your husband isn’t interested in sex! Many women asked, and I’ll deliver.
4. I’ve had a ton of questions come through my email that I want to deal with, everything from finding a balance between mom & wife to how to have sex when you’re pregnant or how to find your libido when you’re breastfeeding.
5. My column will be back! I write a syndicated column every Thursday, but I haven’t been posting them this month because of the sex series.
6. And I’m still here to answer more questions! If you have a post topic you want to see, just send it my way.
But before we do all that, today I want to have a bit of a party! And what’s a party without gifts?
So first, here’s something you can do for me. If you have enjoyed this series, would you help me by buying The Good Girl’s Guide to Great Sex? It’s filled with information just like in the series, but it takes things deeper onto the threefold nature of sex–physical, spiritual, and emotional–and looks at how we can make sex stupendous in each of those areas. It also covers what to do when things aren’t working in those areas. And I share a lot of personal stories that I haven’t shared on this blog.
If you’ve had issues with sex in your marriage, this book can help you see it in a new way. But would you also consider purchasing one for someone who is about to marry–or who has recently walked down the aisle? I firmly believe that if more women received good information early in their marriages, we wouldn’t have all the problems in families that so permeate our churches today.
World Magazine called me “a funny big sister” when they read my book, which I kinda like. FamilyLife Canada’s executive director called me “The Christian Dr. Ruth“, which mortified my kids (and I love anything that mortifies my kids). I know you’ll like the book!
And here’s what I’d like to do for you! If you buy it today, I’m going to throw a bunch of gifts your way, too! I have a goodie bag of downloadable gifts I’d like to give you, including:
- ” A Godly Home ” 5-week couples’ devotional by PromiseKeepers , filled with devotions you can read with your spouse at night from Bill and Pam Farrel (authors of Red Hot Monogamy and Men are Life Waffles, Women are Like Spaghetti), Sheila Wray Gregoire (me!) and more. A great way to work on your spiritual connection!
- Love coupons to spice up your marriage!
- “A Surrendered Marriage ” workbook by Leigh Anne Dutton from Intentional by Grace . Great conversation starters to work on communication and vision in your marriage!
- “The Praying Parent” devotionals by writer Carey Scott –inspires you to pray effectively for your kids. Carey also operates Christian Work at Home Moms community, and Moms Together on Facebook!
- Printable Lunch Box Notes to put in your child’s lunchbox–from mom extraordinaire Amy Bayliss, author of Pursuit of Proverbs 31 , an entirely new way of looking at the chapter–without the mountains of guilt!
- Make Date Night Fabulous –an e-report by Amy Bayliss on how to keep romance alive.
- Step Away from that Diet ebook by Sundi Jo Graham , Ten Steps to Lose that Weight and Gain the Confidence You’ve been Searching For
- How to Bless Your Children –an e-report by me, Sheila Wray Gregoire, on how to “call out” God’s purpose in their lives.
- Which birth control method is best? A video presentation by The Christian Family Planning Network.
- How to Have Really Great Sex TONIGHT Even if You’re NEVER in the Mood, a report from Gina Parris from Winning at Romance.
So will you buy it today? All you have to do to claim your gifts is toemail me (sheila at
sheila wray gregoire period com) and just forward me a copy of your receipt, or a picture of it on your Nook or Kindle, or just something to show that you’ve bought it.
And if you’ve already pre-ordered it, I’d love to thank you with the gifts, too! So just forward me your receipt, and I’ll send you the links to the gifts, as well.
Here’s one more thing you could do for me (and for the others reading this blog): share in the comments something that you’ve discovered this month, or that you’ve found encouraging, or a breakthrough you’ve had. Many people reading this blog really are struggling, and if you’ve been there, but now you can see hope, tell us! It makes people feel so much better to hear that healing and passion and fun are all possible! (and it encourages me, too). And if you’re the one who needs a hug, or a gift of encouragement, share that in the comments, too. Tell us how we can pray for you, or ask a question, and then all of us here will try to help. So let’s have a party of encouragement in the comments!
And now, here’s your last challenge:
Great Sex Challenge 29: It’s time to evaluate. Talk together about the challenges, and think of one that you couldn’t–or wouldn’t–do. Resolve to make an attempt within the next two weeks! And now share with each other what the perfect night would look like to each of you–where you would feel connected on all three levels. It’s okay (and perfectly normal) for your “perfect nights” to not resemble each others’. But make a commitment to give each other that night, in the next two weeks, as a gift.
29 Days to Great Sex:
Day 1: The Act of Marriage
Day 2: Starting Fresh
Day 3: Loving the Skin You’re In
Day 4: Pucker Up!
Day 5: Reawaken Desire
Day 6: Why Your Hubby Wants You!
Day 7: Moving in the Right Direction
Day 8: 14 Ways to Play as a Couple
Day 9: Prepare for Sex throughout the Day
Day 10:16 Ways to Flirt with Your Husband
Day 11: How to Find Your Hubby Attractive
Day 12: If you’re Having a Hard Time with these Challenges
Day 13: Getting Your Head in the Game
Day 14: What if You’re Not “In the Mood”?
Day 15: What is Foreplay?
Day 16: How to Orgasm
Day 17: The Pleasure Center
Day 18: Foreplay Can Be for Him, Too!
Day 19: How to Come Alive Again
Day 20: Deciding on Boundaries
Day 21: 5 Ways to Spice Things Up
Day 22: How Often is Enough?
Day 23: Quickies Are Great!
Day 24: Initiate, Baby!
Day 25: Sex Once Kids Come
Day 26: Rebuilding Your Sex Life
Day 27: Experiencing Spiritual Intimacy when you Make Love
Day 28: Is Selfishness Robbing You of Intimacy?